NI 43-101 Compliant Resources – Iron and Vanadium
The Clear Hills Project encompasses approximately 190,00 hectares of metallic and industrial mineral permits and leases and features a near-surface, flat-lying poly-metallic oolitic ironstone extending along the eastern flanks of the Clear Hills in NW Alberta. Ironstone Resources has diamond drilled and analyzed 230 diamond drill cores on its Clear Hills permits elevating the resource into NI 43-101 compliance.
In July 2012 a NI 43-101 technical resource report was released by SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. incorporating drilling data from Ironstone’s 2008 and 2011 drilling programs. Ironstone currently reports 557 million tonnes of ore, with an indicated resource of 182 million tonnes of contained iron, and 2.45 billion pounds of contained vanadium pentoxide.
As noted in the NI 43-101 report, the deposit is open to the east, west, and south, and is associated with appreciable amounts of vanadium pentoxide.
Key Features of the Clear Hills Project
- a large NI 43-101 compliant indicated iron and vanadium mineral resource
- mineral permits held through assessment work through 2022
- located in NW Alberta – one of the world's top mining jurisdictions
- local access to carbon (coal and natural gas) for iron reduction and beneficiation process
- well developed local infrastructure including nearby communities, paved highways, airports, high capacity rail, and a skilled labour force
Bulk Sample Pit
Ironstone excavated a 45,000 tonne per year bulk sample pit on the Clear Hills "Rambling Creek Block". Approximately 11,000 tonnes of ore was extracted and stockpiled near Hines Creek, Alberta for ongoing process development at several North American pilot facilities.